1. What do you think is the retirement age for men and women?
From what I can recall, I am pretty sure it is early to mid 50s for women, and 60 for men. Though, it was set during a time in which life expectancy was far lower than it is today. It’s great as an individual, but not so great overall. I mean, how much longer can we support a large number of pensioners?
life expectancy 寿命
2. What kinds of qualities do people need to run their own business?
The essential qualities are perseverance and the ability to spot opportunities. A lot of the time, the ability to run a successful business comes down to your willingness to stick with a problem and captialise on an opportunity that others had not yet done. Many billionaires are not geniuses, they just spotted an opportunity and made it happen.
3. What do you think are the key factors that contribute to the success of a business?
I would say that the ability to adapt is crucial to a business’s success. There are many corporations that dominated the market, but were disrupted by a university student in a dorm room, and now they no longer exist. The world and the demands of the market are always changing, especially in the modern world. It’s pretty much survival of the fittest.
4. If you had the opportunity to have your own business, what business would it be? Why?
I would love to have my own video game company someday. See, I have been an avid gamer since I was like 6 years old. It’s probably one of my biggest hobbies. So, to be able to actually produce my own games and be behind the process would be a dream come true. I would be able to make money from doing what I love.
Qualities of business owners 商人的主要品质
- disciplined 有纪律的
- going the extra mile 加倍努力的
- visionary 有远⻅的
- obsession with success 对胜利着迷
Key factors for a company’s success 公司成功的主要因素
- able to adapt to the market 适应市场
- able to rise from failure 能够从失败中崛起
- good corporate culture 好的公司文化